Friday, June 03, 2005

They're Everywhere, these AM people

The day before I left NY to move to LA I was lucky enough to get a chance to meet up with a few NY AM students. Mike Stern, who I have met before, Tom Barret and Yogesh (Khubi). We had an amazing time and talked about animation and the AM program for hours and hours.

It is safe to say that we are all deep into the program and are fully obsessed with animation at this point. We could have stayed there all night. This got me thinking about animation communities. Overall, alot of the animation communities are online, especially in AM. I really miss the human contact of meeting in person also. Nothing will ever take the place of face to face contact. You can get so wrapped up in your projects and doing all your work at home that you really never have to leave the house to do the AM program. Sometimes I would get so into what I was doing that I wouldn't see other "live" people for days and let me tell you this is not a good way to work and I do not reccomend it.

I think wherever you are you should seek out your felow animators and AM students and meet up as often as you can to talk about all stuff animation, becasue it really is a great way to make contacts. It is also great to know that they are going through all the same things you are, the same setbacks and fustrations with their work. We are all in this together and trying to learn as much as we can from this great teaching tool called Animation Mentor. We are all in this together right Spike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home