Sunday, September 11, 2005

Go Fly a Kite, no really, do it!

So the vacation from AM has started. I spent some of the weekend trying to finalize the emotion test singer assignment. That was going ok. My boyfriend is going to light and render my cold water, single idea assignment since he wants to practice his maya for his new job. I totally trust him to do it esp since I would probably just leave the default lighting if it wasn't for him. :)

A Sunday afternoon in Venice Beach...
I woke up kind of early and emailed all moring, I also searched craigslist since I am going to buy a used VCR to finally watch my Desmond Morris the Human Animal VHS Set. After Marko woke up (noon, mind you) we rode our bikes over tot he Brickhouse where it was impossible to get a table. Then we went to Venzia cafe near the beach. The sun was hot and they made belgium waffles for us even though it was past breakfast, thanks!! Then we walked our bikes along the beach and bought a toy for squishy, which she hates. I thought she might like it because it resembles Tailor but it makes a weird mechanical noise that disinterests her. The I got a "custom fit" toe ring, then I picked out a Froggie kite for us to fly. We rode our bikes all the way to Santa Monica to find the perfect kite flying spot. We parked our kites in our favorite bike rack, the only one that works with two bike and only one lock. The we laid down in the sand and unravelled Froggie. He went so high it was amazing, then we took Froggie by the water and he loved it, he was so happy to be FREE! And as I was winding Froggie back up all I could think of as his flimsy limbs cascaded in the wind was..."overlap"

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

You are so goofy.... I love it!!

Glad to hear you are having fun over the break Anthea. You were definitely missed at the BBQ. I can't tell you how many times your name came up, usually followed by "Man, she is kicking ass!!" It was so cool. I knew I should've gotten your autograph at siggraph.

Keep it up, skys the limit.... even higher than Froggie. :)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Aja B said...

Great story, Anthea!! You've totally been won over by the Dark Side... seeing overlap and arcs everywhere you go! :D

And I'm looking forward to seeing what the talented Marko does with your scene! Wow, talk about a reel piece!!

We're so lucky to have you in class with us, I can't wait to see what you come up with next semester!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger anthea said...

o man, niccolicious, i really REALLY wish i could have made it. i wanted to meet mrs nic (sue is the lovely's name right?) thanks for all the encouragement. i know none of us would be "kicking ass" is it weren't for eachother and all the great support and crits!! it's really working isn't it!

jaja-i know i am trying to see the principles at work everyday in real life, it is eyeopening to see it happening all around. i hope marko does wonders w the lighting, that would be cool, otherwise, playblasting is fine w me!! and no jaja, I am definetely the lucky one. you guys were kicking ass way before i was even in the game. i used to look at your animations in first semester and think "wow, i'm never going to be able to do that!"

so thank you for inspiring me, thanks to all the AM'ers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home