Thursday, October 06, 2005

Acting is hard and scary

So this acting assignment has gotten me all scared! I am having a ton of trouble thinking of how to take the next step in my assignment. The first blocking came out good I thought, my mentor told me a few ideas, but said that mostly it was working and to keep going. This week we are expected to add in more breakdowns and more acting into the performance, getting down to the nitty gritty of the performance, the acting within the main poses. Now this is where I am having trouble, what to do with his head, hands, arms, eyes, elbows, etc and ect... I have been as usual watching a lof of reference movies for character and acting inpiration and will probably tape some more reference as well. I have no idea what is going to happen.

Andrew Gordon's class on Gestures has been helping me a ton. There is just so much to take in. I have also been reading Manwatching and Unmasking the Face, so I am just drowning in information. There are so many subtle points to consider and you want to make sure the attitude you are portraying is clear and believeable. Time for more planning.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Rebecca Perez Stodolny said...

I second the title of your post!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Aja B said...

Third! :-)

And Anthea, you're doing fabulous work! You have nothing to worry about! Just keep on doing what you're doing, and you'll keep on kicking butt! :-D

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger anthea said...

Hey ladies!! Thanks so much for the support. I know you are all feeling the same way I am, that's what is so great about AM, that everyone is in the same boat, ready to go off that animation cliff with you. Acting, here we come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home