Friday, October 14, 2005

Some advice from Cameron Miyasaki...

" My advice to all of you is simply to work hard. Not just kind of hard, but 110% blood, sweat, and tears hard. Just think. There are only a handful of jobs out there, especially in the film industry. I don't know how many students are in AM but it seems like a lot. Now add in all the students at the Academy of Art, CalArts, Sheridan, Ringling, etc. You get the picture. I know it sounds rough but unfortunately it's the truth. You have to work hard, be disciplined, and self motivated. A quote I always liked was "discipline is defined by what you do when no one is watching." It all comes down to how badly do you want it and are willing to put in the time and effort for it?"

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Rebecca Perez Stodolny said...

I love this advise and the quote!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Aja B said...

Woo, great advice from Cameron! And really suited for this particular blog, Anthea... I'm so incredibly impressed by your dedication and work ethic! The weekly schedule for animating that you posted a while back was insane, and from the quality of your assignments, it's obvious you're sticking to it!

Truly inspirational for us all... I bet it won't be long before you're the "Featured Mentor" offering the same advice to future classes at AM! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home