Sunday, October 23, 2005

Week 5 Assignment: Linear

WATCH WEEK 5 ASSIGNMENT

















Another week of working on the Queen of Sheba. We are getting down to the wire with only 1 more week before it's due. I don't even know if we will be able to hand in revisions of this assignment since they are drilling into us the importance of deadlines in a professional work environment. When we eventually start working in the industry the animation is never "finished", the producers just take your work away from you and either put it in the movie or don't, so you only have this amount of time to finish and we need to start getting used to that.

Early this week I was able to get the whole animation out of blocking and all linear, after which I had no idea what to do. I spent a lot of time thinking about what in the world I needed to do next, I knew I wasn't ready for splines yet so now what? I decided to go back over it in linear with a fine tooth comb, only looking at small sections of 50-100 frames at a time and tweaking individual actions and body parts. I also added more to the eyebrow, jaw muppet mouth lipsync and some squash and stretch in the head which was really fun to do.

At the Q and A with my mentor Jason Ryan, I got some feedback about parts of my animation "hitting a wall" it was not the first time I had heard this, my previous mentors Derek Friesenborg and Mark Behm had also mentioned this. I guess it its still something to work on. Jason told me to work through the poses to help a fluid continuation of motion, I tried to do this although I am not totally sure I get the whole work through the pose theory. I may have made some of the action wishy washy and spliney.

And in amazing record setting news, I got my Ecrit back from Jason about an hour after I submitted. Thanks Jason for the lightning fast feedback, you are truly amazing!

Next week in addition to our 1st dialogue assignments being due, we also have to submit 3 more audio clips and get right back started again on the next dialouge piece, the blocking is due for that the week after, week 7. I had been researching audio all along in between breaks in preparation for this project. I am not totally satisfied that I have found the perfect clip yet so the search continues. It will be a mad dash to rip and edit all the choices this week, I would also love to tape some reference video and possibly do a grease pencil test of the final audios if time permits. It all depends on how the smoothing goes.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

Happy belated Birthday Anthea! Of course if you had entered it in to the calendar we would've known and could have planned a giant surprise bash for ya! Wooooo!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger anthea said...

Hey Brian!! Thanks a bunch for the well wishes. That's so sweet. I noticed my bday wasn't listed, I guess I must have forgotten to list it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home