Saturday, December 17, 2005

Class 3 Over, a Sad Goodbye

I have decided not to continue into Class 4 of Animation Mentor. Having a full time job and adding on the extra 25 hours a week in homework time was just too much for me. I really want to devote myself to the professional opportunity I have right now, I may never get another chance like this and don't want to mess it up by having a split focus. I wouldn't feel right doing either halfway, it's all or nothing with me.

I am going to miss the great supportive community of Animation Mentor. They have truly created a special community for us as artists, a place where we can experiment and grow all while learning from and helping each other. I know for a fact I would never have improved without all the feedback from the amazing classmates whose critiquing skills have improved tenfold since the beginning of AM. Knowing that at any time of day, some student, somewhere will be online, and able to give you that mid week critique when you need it most. I am so going to miss the ability to cruise through the campus and take a peak at how each student is progressing, being able to look at their assignments and leave them feedback has been such a amazing thing for me to experience. I hope they will keep up with their blogs so I can still be a part of AM.

Good luck all my friends and class mates in Class 4 and beyond. I will miss you!

6 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger ANIMIKE said...

I just read that you landed a job at Disney from some random blog. That is pretty awesome. Congratulations on an incredible accomplishment. Your AM work this semester was pretty impressive too. Keep up the good work and best of luck.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

We will miss you too Anthea! Your opportunity is amazing right now and you need to take full advantage of it. We are all rooting for you! Say hi to Jason for me. :-)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger anthea said...

hey! thanks so much for the well wishes, i am so excited to have an opportunity like this, it is sad to have to take a break from school, but that is what must be done. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me and a ton more to learn.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Hey Anthea, you're definately doing the right thing. I had to drop out of the first AM class because work commitments were far too high even with a small studio. Fortunately almost everyone was laid off afterwards so I'm able to AM full time now. Couldn't be happier now so I know it'll work out real well for you and Rebecca. Take care, have fun at work and keep doing your best! Say hi to Jason for me.. he such an awesome mentor!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

As if you could get rid of us. We are all now attached for life Anthea!

And who rocks...yup, Anthea. :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger anthea said...

hi jeremy, yeah work commitments tend to get in the way of school, that's why it was so great to have the chance to do AM full time for a while, it was pretty rough the last few weeks trying to juggle both and trying to still hand in assignments of the same quality I had been trying to achieve, I still don't know if it was sucessful since I'm still revising that assignment.

niccalicious, that's so nice to hear, I want to always be part of the nicalooch family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home