Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year! Here's some Rain

It has been raining for 3 days straight here in LA. I thought LA was supposed to be full of sunshine and convertibles? We got out early from work on Friday which was great. I wanted to keep working on my "white doves" animation, what I handed in at the end of the semester I felt could be improved upon, so I have been trying to fit in a few hours here and there on cleaning up the animation. That turned into an all out marathon session this weekend, due to the rain there wasn't much to do besides that and an intermittant "Alias" break.

All in all I figured I have put in an extra 25 hours of work on the piece since handing in the final. I kept trucking away at the revisions thanks to some some great feedback I got at work and school. It is so crazy but I think I have made significant progress, I guess it goes to show you that animations are never "finished."

I think all the attention to detail that I have to deal with at work everyday has totally helped in the clean up of my own animation. All day I agonize over the teeniest details, the slight overlap of a sleeve for instance, and I have to make sure every frame is perfect. Now when I see something wrong in my own work, it is much easier to pinpoint and fix, it has just taken some time. I think I am almost there, just needs a few more days of work and it should be finished. It isn't ready to show yet, that's why there's no link. But I did put it up for review in the AM critique forum, hopefully I will get some good feedback that will help me finally finalize this one. I also have plans to remodel and rig the hair to add a slight secondary action when she moves. But what else is there to do? I can't go anywhere, can't go hiking cause of the pouring rain. O well, guess I'll open maya.

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Dan Segarra said...

I'll go check that animation out!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Dan Segarra said...

I'll go check that animation out!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger anthea said...

hey thanks dan!! i'm lucky to get in my last AM critique forum post while i stillcan log in!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home