Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Beyond the Word

Right now I have begun reading Beyond the Word by world famous mime Stefan Neidzialkowski. The forward by Marcel Marceau has been a great read. For any interested in mime this is an essential book to have. I also just finished Bip in a Book by Marcel Marceau. This one is mostly great pictures of the Mareau as the character he invented "Bip." Both books were lent to me by my co-worker Dale, he also recommended watching The Red Skelton Show, which I had never heard of before. Red Skelton was a comedian and mime who had a hit TV show for a while. He did stand up routines and live sketch performances, he was also a master of mime and even had Marceau as a guest a few times. The art of mime has been so important to study for animators, they have the most clear staging of ideas in every performance. The audience never misses important story points because clarity is of the upmost importance in mime. It's some great reference to check out if you have the time.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Dan Segarra said...

You are one FAST reader. :) I'm still finishing up the first one you recommended like 10 years ago. I'll catch up to you one day. :)

Oh, and great blogs down there. Some good inspiration!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger anthea said...

haha!! for some reason I read 10x faster when I borrow the book from someone else! when I buy the books myself they just sit on the shelf.

the bip in a book one you cna finish in an hour, because there is some text but mostly photos of him in character.

the beyond the word book I'm still in the middle of.

happy reading!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home